‘Tis the season for stories! The holidays are a wonderful time to gather with family and friends to share stories. Here are five tips to help you capture precious stories:
- Stories can be shared over the dinner table, gathered around the fireplace, or standing at the stove while stirring gravy – all you need to do is to start asking questions!
- Ask parents and grandparents to talk about what holidays were like when they were young.
- Don’t forget the details! Ask them to share things like what they would have for dinner, how they would decorate and their favorite holiday memories.
- Use your smart phone to record a voice memo or video of your stories.
- Remember to gather young children to hear the stories – they ask the best follow-up questions!
Posted by: Linda Tedford